It’s great to be linking up with you! Here is much information to help you stay connected with the Gold Hill family, and provide opportunity to see more people reached, restored and released in Jesus’ name. Please do get in touch with any comments or queries – or just for a chat!
This Sunday – return to in-person gatherings:
9am, 11am, 7pm
(in addition, online/phone options continuing)
WE'RE BACK TOGETHER FOR IN-PERSON GATHERINGS!
THIS SUNDAY: TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS (2)
‘A strange reunion: together with family’ (Luke 1:39-45)
• In the building: 9am (Communion), 11am (Communion) and 7pm
• 11am cafe-style service in the hall: opportunity to engage in the gathering in a more interactive manner.
• Online: www.goldhill.org/sunday from 7am Sunday
• Phone: 10am – Dial 0333 01 10 945
Room number: 84528918# Guest PIN: 2409#
9am Sunday livestream on YouTube: Love your Neighbour: (2) ‘Love is generous’ Join our fantastic children for worship, prayer, teaching in our Advent series: http://www.goldhill.org/kidschurch
SUNDAY EVENING PRAYER
A Zoom gathering: 8.15pm-9.00pm
An opportunity to gather together at the end of the day and start of the week for fellowship and prayer. Join here.
IN-PERSON MIDWEEK GATHERINGS:
For anyone in a vulnerable category: Wednesday mornings, 10.30am – 11.15am.
Hope Community Church: Thursdays (fortnightly – next on 17th December): 4.30pm – 5.30pm
GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS!
Join us online for a
combined Christmas Day service:
10am (with Christmas playlist from 9.45am)
Share Christmas greetings afterwards via a Zoom / phone call.
• GOLD HILL CAROLS ONLINE
Released on 18 December on YouTube and Facebook for you to watch and encourage others to watch with you (same time same/different place – according to current guidelines!)
• CAROLS ON THE STREET: why not invite your neighbours out on to the street to sing carols together: music and words available at the beginning of w/c 14 December (contact the office if you’d like either.)
• CHRISTMAS PACKS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE:
Shona and Natalie have been busy preparing special packs for children and young people to use to celebrate Christmas. Do you know someone you could get one for? Reserve your pack(s) in advance on
http://goldhill.org/christmaspacks: available for pick up from the Breadhouse between 3pm and 4:30pm from Wednesday 9th December.
DURING THE WEEK
JOIN US EVERY DAY ON WHATSAPP OR FACEBOOK!
• WHATSAPP DAILY PRAYER PROMPTS: Mon-Fri, from 7am: join other members of the Gold Hill family as we pray each day with the same focus. Simply let the office know if you’d like to sign up.
• FOCUS 15: Mon-Fri, 8.45am – 9.00am: join at this time (or catch up later) via the Gold Hill Facebook page for a daily devotion to be inspired and encouraged.
TODDLER PRAISE & PLUNGE PLUS CONTINUE ONLINE
• Toddler Praise Online: Fridays from 9am, – uploaded to Gold Hill’s YouTube page. Sign up for a related pack, then collect from the Breadhouse Fridays 9am-11am.
• Plunge Plus Online: Fridays 6.30-7.30pm for 7-11s: weekly activity and online call. See goldhill.org/plungeplus for details and sign-up.
IN OUR COMMUNITY
• BREADHOUSE open Wed-Fri, 9am-12pm: takeaway service. Also, why not invite someone who would be encouraged by a free drink to pop in: kind ‘pay-it-forward’ donations by villagers!
• DAN’S REFILL STORE: open Mon & Tue 8.30am-4pm for refills – and so much more. (Or leave your empties in the cafe for refilling; free delivery to CSP, CSG, SG, or GX!)
• FOODBANK: distribution point from church. Drop-off donations during opening hours at church (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-12.30pm) or the Breadhouse (Wed-Fri, 9am-12pm). Special requests at present: tinned ham or salmon, chocolates/chocolate biscuits! THANK YOU!
• CAP: Gold Hill – a registered CAP Centre, advising/ supporting people in financial difficulty locally: phone 0800 328 0006 (free!) to request help.
CAKES FOR WEXHAM PARK ITU!
Would you like to bless staff at WPH-ITU with a home-made cake?
They are currently very stretched, and have been really encouraged by the delivery of a few home-made goodies in the past week. Please contact Joyce if you’d like to support this – for cake delivery to GH reception early Friday or Sunday mornings!
MEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST
Next (Zoom) meeting Saturday 5 December, 9.00am – 10.00am
With guest speaker Shaun Lambert: ‘Redeeming our Time’ (watchfulness in Mark’s Gospel.) Contact Ridgely (email@example.com) for information/help. Join here.
SHOEBOXES & SHOPPING!
• SHOEBOXES: there’s still time to fill a box for a boy/girl and drop this off at church: new deadline of 14 December.
• SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS? We’d love you to support our local traders. However, if you are buying online, please sign up for Give-as-you-Live for a % donation to your nominated charity (e.g. Gold Hill!)
As we enter the season of Advent, we remember that the way in which God chose to enter this world clearly demonstrates His desires, His purposes and His heart. As we pray and reach out this month, may we be a clear reflection of these. God desires to be ‘close and personal’ with each person and in each situation we bring to His attention: let us pray that hearts would be ready to receive Him for the first time or afresh as we bring before Him:
– Our nation: leaders in all spheres of life
– Our region: for church families to be refreshed and communities nearby reached and restored
– Young and Old: in their individual circumstances to know God close to them, bringing peace, purpose, power……
– Those who are struggling: for a close encounter with Jesus – directly, or through those bringing practical comfort and help and individual acts of kindness, or through organised services (Foodbanks, CAP)