HOW ARE YOU?
We all miss being together in person, but we hope that this info page will help you to gather in other ways and help us all to stay connected! Please call or email if we can help, or you’d like a chat to catch up!
GATHERINGS: YOUTUBE, FACEBOOK, ZOOM:
LINKS AT GOLDHILL.ORG/GATHERINGS
THEMES FOR THIS SUNDAY
GUEST SPEAKER: EMMA WORRELL (OPEN DOORS UK)
‘Learning about & from our family in the persecuted church.’
KIDS’ CHURCH: PRAYING PEOPLE (4)
‘Hannah’s Prayer’ (1 Samuel 2:1-10) – Hannah prayed for a long time!
PLEASE DO JOIN US AT ALPHA ONLINE!
WE’D LOVE YOU TO JOIN THE GROUP? Monday evenings, 7.45-9.30pm via Zoom
Perhaps you’ve been asking some of those big life questions during Lockdown 1, 2 and now 3?! Perhaps you’d like to know a little more about the Christian faith or refresh your understanding? Join us online to watch a series of videos and have a conversation together about faith, life and God! All welcome! (Visit goldhill.org/alpha to book in, or contact the office for more details.)
CONCLUDING OUR MONTH OF PRAYER
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US DURING JANUARY TO ‘GET IN SHAPE’
• Verse for the year: our focus at the start and throughout 2021
• Sunday Zoom (8.15-9pm): 31 Jan – ‘Send Me! ‘ (Isaiah 6:8)
• Daily Live Prayer (‘Focus 15’: weekdays 8.45-9am) – Facebook Live
• Daily Prayer Prompts (Add 07593 365 431 to your contacts, send ‘Sign Up’ via WhatsApp to this number)
CHILDREN'S SESSIONS ONLINE ....... CONTINUE!
FRIDAYS: TODDLER PRAISE & PLUNGE PLUS
• Toddler Praise: Join Shona on Fridays each week at 10am – facebook.com/GoldHillBC
• Plunge Plus Online: weekly activity and online call for 7-11s each Friday at 6.30-7.30pm: 5th February – Plunge Got Talent – see goldhill.org/plungeplus for details and sign-up.
‘Pray diligently. Stay alert, with your eyes wide open in gratitude. Don’t forget to pray … that God will open doors for telling the mystery of Christ.’ (Col 4:2-3) We are very aware of our current restrictions – as was Paul when he penned these words, but let’s stay alert to all the signs of God’s goodness, and pray with passion for many doors to open!
• in our own friendship circles: thank you for those you have placed around us; we pray for the ears, eyes and hearts of those who don’t yet know you to open
• in our village / local community: thank you for the connections we have, and the people who serve us locally: Lord would you reach deep into their hearts and reveal Jesus to them
• in all our region: thank you for all those who know you and love you: help us to work individually and together to proclaim your name and see your Kingdom come in S. Bucks
• in our nation: thank you for those who shoulder the responsibility of leadership: work in their hearts, Lord, and bring your perfect wisdom to bear in our land
• in our world: thank you for all the signs of your creativity, your love and your life: we ask you to touch each critical situation around the globe and restore peace, hope, health, love
‘Not to us, Lord, not to us, but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.’
WHATSAPP DAILY PRAYER PROMPTS: Mon-Fri, from 7am
Add 07593 3650431 to your contacts and send ‘Sign Up’ to it on WhatsApp.
FOCUS 15: Mon-Fri, 8.45am-9.00am
Join at this time (or catch up later) via the Gold Hill Facebook page for a daily devotion to be inspired and encouraged.
SINGING – GOOD FOR MENTAL AND PHYSICAL HEALTH! What’s not to like?!
Every Monday 25th Jan – 15 Mar: 7.30pm
Why not try this out online during the dark winter months of lockdown? We’re a friendly, welcoming community. No auditions or sign-up fee. Visit goldhill.org/accord for more details and to sign up.
MEN: YOU’RE INVITED TO AN ONLINE PRAYER BREAKFAST!
Saturday 6th Feb, 8.45-10am (Zoom)
Theme: ‘Encourage one Another’.
For more details, sign-up and log-in, visit goldhill.org/mensprayerbreakfast
We’d love to see you – and why not invite a friend?
CAKES FOR WEXHAM PARK HOSPITAL – ICU: Would you like to provide some tangible encouragement to our hard-pressed local ICU staff?
We’ll be delivering cakes to WPH from Gold Hill on Monday 15 February. Please let Joyce know if you’d like to contribute to this: cakes need to be at Gold Hill by 10am Monday 15th. Thank you!
THE MUM SHOW: Being a mum in today’s crazy world.
Care for the Family has released this 12-part series, starting with Episode 1: Parenting in a Pandemic.
Sign up here now to the whole series, which you can watch at your own leisure.
BOOK LENDING LIBRARY: Would you like to borrow a book to bless and encourage you?
Take a look at the current list of books (call the office to receive), then/or contact Nicki Walker-Williams for more details:
• SPRING HARVEST: will be moving online this Easter for Spring Harvest Home: ‘Unrivalled: why we worship’. Save the dates (Sunday 4th – Thursday 8th April) – and a place on your sofa!
• FOODBANK: thank you for your continued support. Contact Joyce/the office to arrange drop-off of donations.
• CAP – HELP IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY: Gold Hill BC is a registered CAP Centre, providing advice and support for those who are experiencing financial pressure. Call 0800 328 0006 (free) to request help. (Provided through local people – we have a trained team at Gold Hill.)
• DAN’S REFILL STORE: Open as usual, Mon-Tues 8.30am-4pm; refills and much more. (Visit Dan’s Facebook page for more info; free delivery locally.)
• SHOPPING ONLINE? We’d love you to support our local traders. However, if you are buying online, please sign up for Give-as-you-Live for a % donation to your nominated charity (e.g. Gold Hill!)