Welcome to our weekly info. We long to see people reached with the love of Jesus, restored to a right relationship with Him, and released into their full God-given potential! We pray this update will connect you with the Gold Hill family. We’d love to hear from you – with comments, questions, or simply to link up!
THIS SUNDAY: ANNE CALVER
Join us for online/dial-in gatherings
and Zoom calls.
All physical meetings at Gold Hill & Hope
sites are suspended at present.
9am Sunday livestream on YouTube: ‘I am ……..’: ‘I am the Good Shepherd’
Join us for worship, prayer, teaching on one of the four ‘I am’ sayings of Jesus:
led by our amazing children!
To access the Sunday morning service by telephone at 10am:
Dial: 0333 01 10 945
Room number: 84528918#
Guest PIN: 2409#
MEET UP WITH OTHERS FROM YOUR GATHERING / COMMUNITY
Why not join a hosted Zoom call for your Gathering:
For early morning gathering: 10.00am – 10.30am: join here.
For second morning gathering: 11.30am – 12.00pm: join here.
(NB 7pm gathering will meet at the usual time, but via Zoom: attendees will be contacted directed with details.)
SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY
• BREADHOUSE open Wed-Fri, 9am-12pm: takeaway service. Also, why not invite someone who would be encouraged by a free drink to pop in: kind ‘pay-it-forward’ donations by villagers!
• DAN’S REFILL STORE: open Mon & Tue 8.30am-4pm for refills – and so much more. (Or leave your empties in the cafe for refilling; free delivery to CSP, CSG, SG, or GX!)
• FOODBANK: distribution point from church. Drop-off for donations during opening hours at church (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-12,30pm) or the Breadhouse (Wed-Fri, 9am-12pm). THANK YOU!
• CAP: Gold Hill – a registered CAP Centre, advising/ supporting people in financial difficulty locally: phone 0800 328 0006 (free!) to request help.
CHRISTMAS IS COMING......!
REVISED CHRISTMAS DATES!
• WHITE CHRISTMAS: a reflective service for those who have experienced the loss of bereavement! Postponed to Sunday 20 December, 3.00pm. Please book in via the office or via goldhill.org/whitechristmas
•SHOEBOX APPEAL: collection dates extended, with new deadline of 14 December.
DURING THE WEEK
JOIN US EVERY DAY ON WHATSAPP OR FACEBOOK!
• WHATSAPP DAILY PRAYER PROMPTS: Mon-Fri, from 7am: join other members of the Gold Hill family as we pray each day with the same focus. Simply let the office know if you’d like to sign up.
• FOCUS 15: Mon-Fri, 8.45am – 9.00am: join at this time (or catch up later) via the Gold Hill Facebook page for a daily devotion to be inspired and encouraged.
TODDLER PRAISE & PLUNGE PLUS CONTINUE ONLINE
• Toddler Praise Online: Fridays from 9am, – uploaded to Gold Hill’s YouTube page. Sign up for a related pack, then collect from the Breadhouse Fridays 9am-11am.
• Plunge Plus Online: Fridays 6.30-7.30pm for 7-11s: weekly activity and online call. See goldhill.org/plungeplus for details and sign-up.
UPDATE ON PRAYER OPPORTUNITIES!
• BUILDING OPEN FOR PRIVATE PRAYER: Mon-Fri, 9.30am-12.30pm.
• ADOPT A STREET: please pray for your street / part of the community?
• REQUEST PRAYER: if you’d like to link up with someone for prayer, call/text our Team on 07961 815388
‘Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.’ (Phils 4:6): and so we pray with confidence for:
Young families, children and young people: that in the midst of our unusual rhythm of life at present, they would meet and come to love Jesus. For Shona, Natalie & teams to have wisdom, sensitivity & perseverance as they lead.
Local schools: wisdom and stamina for leaders & staff teams as they ensure ongoing education, safety and support; for peace of mind and receptivity for pupils as they adapt to many changes.
Our young adults as they study, take gap years, start out in adult life with the particular challenges of this current season: to stay close to Jesus as they make life-shaping decisions about daily life and their longer-term future.
Gold Hill Seniors: protection and hope for our Senior friends themselves, and creativity and energy for the team as they support their ‘guests’ each week.
Gold Hill Care (Rock House, Graham House, Gold Team): continued protection, guidance and energy as they care for more vulnerable people in our community.
Foodbanks, CAP, other support services: to bring the love of Jesus as well as practical support to those who are finding life tough at the moment.
Gold Hill, Hope, church families in our area: to grow in unity and strength to share the Good News of Jesus.
Our local community: that hearts would soften towards Jesus, and His Kingdom grow here
Our nation: for wisdom for leaders in all spheres of life, and for our nation to honour God once again.
• CARE FOR THE FAMILY: PRIMARY PARENTING: a lighthearted, free online event to encourage parents of young children: Tues 24, Wed 25 & Thurs 26 November at 7.30pm for 1 hour: sign up here.
• COMPASSION UK ONLINE CAROL SERVICE: Why not invite family or friends to watch this service: Sunday 6 December at 8pm. (Freeview channel 65 or Compassion UK’s YouTube and Facebook channels.)