Thanks for reading our Weekly Info! We hope it informs and encourages you as you need. Do get in touch if we can provide any further help at all. Every blessing …..
DIFFERENT – Current Teaching Series
A series in 1 Peter about how the life God calls his people to is one that is marked out and set apart – with both the blessings and opportunities, responsibility and challenges that entails!
(8) ‘Different Focus’ (1 Peter 4:1-11) – considering how we live our lives differently when our future focus as believers colours and shapes our earthly lives.
'DIFFERENT' SEMINARS ON ETHICAL TOPICS
Three separate seminars on Zoom to explore some important ethical questions
Sign up for just one or all three to help us shape our lives, actions and words in line with Jesus’ teaching and approach.
1. Modern Day Slavery – Monday 7 June – slidepack available on request
2. Mistreatment of Women – Monday 14 June – slidepack available on request
3. Assisted Dying – Monday 21 June – with some teaching from John Wyatt (Christian professor and researcher, who has spoken and written extensively on medical ethical issues), questions and discussion: sign up here
Back In-Person: Friday mornings 11 June – 15 July
A time of play, craft, bible stories and music.
Session 1: 9.30am – 10.15am
Session 2: 10.45am – 11.30am
Meeting at Gold Hill Baptist Church, SL9 9DG
£1 per week per family. Sign-up required: please sign up to one session time.
goldhill.org/toddlerpraise for sign-up; email@example.com for any queries.
Friday evenings for 7-11s: now back in person every week!
Chalfont St Peter Youth Centre Sports Court: 6.15pm
Friday 25th June: Quiz ‘n’ Pizza
Sign up at goldhill.org/plungeplus
Any queries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SAVE THE DATE - WHOLE CHURCH SUMMER GATHERING AT LATIMER!
Sunday 18th July – afternoon! (Angel Field & marquee at Restore Hope, Latimer.)
• An opportunity to gather in person as the whole church!
• Time to be all together to chat, laugh, catch up ……!
• Gathering for worship, prayer, message, thanksgiving …….
More details to follow:
Can’t wait to see you: only 4 weeks to go!
WELCOMING CHURCH HOLIDAY!
WELCOMING REFUGEES – SUMMER 2021
Plans to Welcome Families to our Community this Summer
This summer, we are looking to run a pilot scheme to welcome some families already settled in the UK for a holiday in our community. We are partnering with Welcome Churches to host people as a church community for one long weekend in August (Thursday 26th daytime to Monday 30th lunchtime). Perhaps you could offer B&B, a meal, help to explore the area, a meal or help in some other way: for more details, and to see how you/we all may be able to contribute to extend a true Gold Hill welcome, please visit goldhill.org/welcome.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU BACK AT UNIQUE LIKE YOU!
Why not treat yourself or friends to the unique ULY welcome with coffee and creativity on offer!
Come and find out more and experience the unique ULY welcome!
Continuing to serve the Breadhouse coffee blend, together with other drinks and cake.
Opportunities to paint pottery and make pots in various classes.
Opening hours: Saturday 9.30am – 4.30pm; Wednesday & Thursday 9am – 2.30pm; Friday 9am – 4.30pm.
THE BIG CHURCH READ
Scattered Servants by Alan Scott
Aiming as a church to read this same book between 13 June and 13 August: full of testimonies and lessons from the author as God mobilised His people to join Him in His mission: an exciting and challenging read! For more info see: http://www.goldhill.org/bigread Copies available on Sunday and during the week (cash, card, contactless) at £9 each – and why not buy two to bless someone else with a gift?! (Or be the happy recipient of a pre-paid copy!)
Would you like to be one of the last to be baptised on our current site?!
The chapel pool has seen thousands of believers celebrate their new life in Jesus through baptism: could we celebrate this with you? Do get in touch if you feel this could be the opportunity for you! We’d be happy to explore the significance of baptism, and prepare you for this significant step in your faith life.
PRAYER: CELEBRATING AND PROMOTING A SERVANT HEART!
N.B. SUNDAY EVENING (ZOOM) PRAYER GATHERING: 8.15 – 9PM: join at goldhill.org/sundayprayer
N.B. Maria Bond speaking on Sunday 20th at Belmount Road BC, Hemel Hempstead
‘Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.’ (1 Peter 4:10)
Let us thank God for all those who share their time and gifts to strengthen and enrich our lives and ask Him to increasingly be their guide and their source of inspiration and strength:
– for friends and family members who provide support and encouragement
– for local services which support our community: schools, hospitals, surgeries, businesses, public services, leisure facilities
– for those who serve our country in a variety of ways: government/politics, national services, charities ……
– for those who serve to support international initiatives to promote peace, support those who are less privileged than us, protect our planet ……
Let us ask God to increasingly guide others to identify and strengthen their gifting, and to increasingly invest this to the benefit of other people
Let us ask God to help each of us to identify and strengthen our own gifting, and to be willing and sacrificial in investing our time and energy to encourage and strengthen others …. be that at work, at home, in our community, in our church …….
Not to us, Lord, not to us, but to your glory – because of your love and faithfulness to us.’
WHATSAPP DAILY PRAYER PROMPTS: Mon-Fri, from 7am
Add 07593 365431 to your contacts and send ‘Sign Up’ to it on WhatsApp.
FOCUS 15: Mon-Fri, 8.45am-9.00am
Join at this time (or catch up later) via the Gold Hill Facebook page for a daily devotion to be inspired and encouraged.
RESTORE HOPE – VOLUNTEERING (URGENT NEED plus SUMMER STUDENT OPPORTUNITIES)
• URGENT NEED for help to pack fruit and veg on Wednesdays (9.30-11am) ready to deliver on Thursdays
• SUMMER OPPORTUNITIES for young people: either working outside with the gardening team or helping with summer events (children’s activities, refreshments, admin)
Enquire / apply via email@example.com
• SUMMER OF HOPE APPEAL: providing events for families RH have worked with throughout lockdown to enable them to thrive rather than merely survive: enquire how you may be able to help, or contribute financially at http://www.restorehopelatimer.org/donate
RESTORE HOPE LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
One year to deepen your faith ad develop your potential. Four key ares of involvement: estate management; families children & youth; Foodlife programme; media & comms. Suitable for a gap year, career break, or simply looking for a year of change and growth. Find out more on www.restorehopelatimer.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01494 765555.
IN THE COMMUNITY
CHILTERN FOODBANK @ GOLD HILL
Thank you for your continued support for the Foodbank based at Gold Hill.
Your donations continue to be very gratefully received by local households facing particular hardship at present.
Contact Joyce / the office to arrange drop-off at reception. A big Thank You to our delivery team!
Items particularly requested:
Tinned meat, tinned hot dogs, sponge puddings, tinned rice pudding, cooking oil (1 litre), UHT milk, deodorants, female toiletries, shampoo etc, 4-roll toilet packs.