It’s good to be in touch! We hope this information helps you to connect well with the Gold Hill family, and encourages you to join in and pray for things featured here, as we commit to seeing people reached, restored and released in Jesus’ name. Please get in touch directly with feedback or questions – or of course to catch up with any of the staff team!
This Sunday – in-person gatherings continue:
9am, 11am, 7pm
(in addition, online/phone options available – see below)
SUNDAY GATHERINGS (IN-PERSON / ONLINE / PHONE)
THIS SUNDAY: TOGETHER AT CHRISTMAS (3)
‘A stressful Christmas: together in the chaos’ (Luke 2: 1-7)
• In the main church: 9am, 11am and 7pm
• 11am a more interactive cafe-style service in the hall
• Online: www.goldhill.org/sunday from 7am Sunday
• Phone: 10am – Dial 0333 01 10 945
Room number: 84528918# Guest PIN: 2409#
9am Sunday livestream on YouTube: Love your Neighbour: (3) ‘Love Serves Others’ Join our fantastic children for worship, prayer, and teaching in our Advent series: http://www.goldhill.org/kidschurch
SUNDAY EVENING PRAYER
A Zoom gathering: 8.15pm-9.00pm
An opportunity to gather together at the end of the day and start of the week for fellowship and prayer. Join here.
IN-PERSON MIDWEEK GATHERINGS:
For anyone in a vulnerable category: Wednesday mornings, 10.30am – 11.15am.
Hope Community Church: Thursdays (fortnightly – next on 17th December): 4.30pm – 5.30pm
CHRISTMAS WITH THE GOLD HILL FAMILY!
Join us online for a
combined Christmas Day service:
10am (with Christmas playlist from 9.45am)
Share Christmas greetings afterwards via a Zoom / phone call.
CHRISTMAS CAROLS & PACKS!
• GOLD HILL CAROLS ONLINE
Released on 18 December at 7pm on YouTube and Facebook for you to watch and encourage others to watch with you (same time same/different place – according to current guidelines!)
• CAROLS ON THE STREET: why not invite your neighbours out on to the street to sing carols together: music and words available at the beginning of w/c 14 December (contact the office if you’d like either.)
• CHRISTMAS PACKS FOR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE:
Shona and Natalie have been busy preparing special packs for children and young people to use to celebrate Christmas. Do you know someone you could get one for? Reserve your pack(s) in advance on
http://goldhill.org/christmaspacks: available for pick up from the Breadhouse between 3pm and 4:30pm on Wednesday 16th December.
DURING THE WEEK
JOIN US EVERY DAY ON WHATSAPP OR FACEBOOK!
• WHATSAPP DAILY PRAYER PROMPTS: Mon-Fri, from 7am: join other members of the Gold Hill family as we pray each day with the same focus. Simply let the office know if you’d like to sign up.
• FOCUS 15: Mon-Fri, 8.45am – 9.00am: join at this time (or catch up later) via the Gold Hill Facebook page for a daily devotion to be inspired and encouraged.
TODDLER PRAISE & PLUNGE PLUS CONTINUE ONLINE
• Toddler Praise Online: Fridays from 9am, – uploaded to Gold Hill’s YouTube page. Sign up for a related pack, then collect from the Breadhouse Fridays 9am-11am.
• Plunge Plus Online: Fridays 6.30-7.30pm for 7-11s: weekly activity and online call. See goldhill.org/plungeplus for details and sign-up.
ON YOUR MARKS FOR 2021!
‘GET IN SHAPE’ (Month of Prayer) & ALPHA ONLINE
• ‘Get in Shape’: Month of Prayer: a time for the whole church family to more intentionally ‘get in shape’ ready for the coming year: looking at physical, emotional, spiritual and financial health to ‘shape up’ for the challenges ahead. Guide for the month available soon.
• Alpha Online: starting Monday 18th January 7.45pm for up to 12 weekly sessions. An opportunity to connect with others online, and consider the Christian faith (life’s big questions) together. Who could you encourage to join these sessions? Sign up here.
IN OUR COMMUNITY
• BREADHOUSE open Wed-Fri, 9am-12pm: takeaway service. Also, why not invite someone who would be encouraged by a free drink to pop in: kind ‘pay-it-forward’ donations by villagers!
• DAN’S REFILL STORE: open Mon & Tue 8.30am-4pm for refills – and so much more. (Or leave your empties in the cafe for refilling; free delivery to CSP, CSG, SG, or GX!)
• FOODBANK: distribution from church. Drop-off donations at church (Mon-Fri, 9.30am-12.30pm) or the Breadhouse (Wed-Fri, 9am-12pm). Special requests currently: tinned ham or salmon, chocolates, chocolate biscuits and feminine hygiene products. THANK YOU!
• CAP: Gold Hill – a registered CAP Centre, advising/ supporting people in financial difficulty locally: phone 0800 328 0006 (free!) to request help.
CAKES FOR WEXHAM PARK ITU!
Would you like to bless staff at WPH-ITU with a home-made cake?
They are currently very stretched, and have been really encouraged by the delivery of a few home-made goodies in the past week. Please contact Joyce if you’d like to support this – for cake delivery to GH reception early Friday or Sunday mornings!
•Our love and prayers are especially with Gwyn Brewer, following the homecall of Tony on 29th November. His funeral service will be on Tuesday 29th December, livestreamed from Amersham Crematorium (Hampden chapel) at 12.30pm. (Access to webcast only through advance booking – details next week!) All donations in memory of Tony through G.L. Skinner & Son (Funeral Directors) – towards building of new Scout Hut for 1st Ivinghoe & Pitstone Scouts (Tony’s grandchildren involved.)
• SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS? We’d love you to support our local traders. However, if you are buying online, please sign up for Give-as-you-Live for a % donation to your nominated charity (e.g. Gold Hill!)
In the words of the popular Christmas Carol (Hark the Herald Angels Sing), let us pray for that Light and Life (to all) He brings’ to be increasingly evident in:
– Our nation: as leaders in all spheres of life grapple with tough challenges
– Our region: for churches to reflect that light and life in all they are, do and say and bring refreshment and restoration to the communities around them
– Young and Old: in their individual circumstances to know afresh God’s light and life
– Those who are struggling: to reach out for the light & life that Jesus brings as they hear the Christmas message, and meet believers bringing practical comfort and help – through individual acts of kindness, or through organised services (Foodbanks, CAP)