HAPPY NEW YEAR!
We hope that you have managed to capture the joy of Christmas, despite adapting to changes this year, and that you are now stepping into 2021 with a real sense of anticipation for all that God has in store for us! This page should help you to connect with the Gold Hill family – we also love to hear YOUR feedback, info and news!
– in the church building: 9am, 11am
– online: from 7am
– phone: 10am
N.B. 7pm online (Zoom)
THIS SUNDAY: GET IN SHAPE (1)
‘My Body is a Temple’ (1 Cor 6:19-20)
• In the main church: 9am, 11am
• Online: www.goldhill.org/sunday from 7am Sunday
• Phone: 10am – Dial 0333 01 10 945
Room number: 84528918# Guest PIN: 2409#
• 11am a more interactive cafe-style service in the hall
• N.B. 7pm and 11am (cafe-style) restart in church Sunday 10 January
Please sign up here for the spring term: 9am or 11am or 7pm in person or online gathering.
JANUARY 2021: MONTH OF PRAYER
JOIN US AS WE INTENTIONALLY
SET ASIDE TIME IN PRAYER THIS MONTH TO ‘GET IN SHAPE’
• Prayer & fasting days: Mon 4, Tues 12, Wed 20, Thurs 28
• Verse for the year: our focus at the start and throughout 2021
• Sunday evening Zoom and Weekday Facebook Live (Focus 15)
• Daily WhatsApp prayer prompts
• Prayer guide for each day and with additional information/inspiration
SUNDAY EVENING PRAYER
A Zoom gathering: 8.15pm-9.00pm
An opportunity to gather together at the end of each Sunday and start of each week for fellowship and prayer: join here.
Join at this time (or catch up later) via the Gold Hill Facebook page for a daily devotion to be inspired and encouraged.
WE’D LOVE YOU TO JOIN US, OR INVITE SOMEONE WHO’D BE INTERESTED?
Our team are ready and waiting to host an online Alpha course!
Sign-up has begun!
Connect with others online for a series of short videos and conversation together about faith, life and God.
Starts 18 January, 7.45pm: book in at goldhill.org/alpha
(or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01753 342010)
NEW: BOOK LENDING LIBRARY
If you would like to borrow a Christian book for inspiration, please see the current list of books
RESTART DATES IN JANUARY
Wednesday in-person gathering: 6th January – cancelled until further notice!
Breathe gathering: 9th January – now moved online (Zoom)
Kids’ Church: 10th January – Youtube 9am
11am Cafe Gathering: 10th January – now moved online (Zoom)
7pm in-person gathering: 10th January continuing on Zoom
We’d love you to support our local traders. However, if you are buying online, please sign up for Give-as-you-Live for a % donation to your nominated charity (e.g. Gold Hill!)
‘Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.’ (Psalm 115:1) May everything be for God, and not for us as we pray:
• for our families and friends – to know God walking with them, however near they are to him at present
• for our front lines (neighbourhoods, workplaces) – as we seek to be salt and light with neighbours and colleagues
• individuals under pressure – through illness, loss, unemployment, financial hardship: may they seek peace, strength and hope from the only true source – Jehovah God
• frontline workers: may they know God’s wisdom, strength and peace as they face mounting pressure
• our community: may we see many opportunities for God’s heart to be shared, and increasing response to his message of love and hope
• our region: for believers to increasingly work together in godly witness in growing evidence and impact in this area
• our country: may our leaders be steered by godly wisdom, and believers have opportunity and courage to speak out with God’s voice
• our world: for better stewardship of this planet’s resources, more godly wisdom displayed in nations throughout the globe, and growing impact through believers in all nations
‘Not for us, not for us, but for your glory Lord!’
IN OUR COMMUNITY
• FOODBANK: distribution from church continues: please drop off donations at church on Sunday. THANK YOU for this practical expression of our love and generosity towards others.
• CAP – HELP IN FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY: Gold Hill is a registered CAP Centre, providing advice and support for those who are experiencing financial difficulty. Call 0800 328 0006 (free) to request help. (Provided through local people – we have a trained team at Gold Hill.)