What is Minnis Bay?
Birchington is a little seaside town, the local beach being Minnis Bay. Over the next week 79 people from across the country are going down to serve the community through age group sessions, family events and community outreach to share the good news with the locals there! 2022 will be the 128th Year of Scripture Union holiday club Minnis Bay. Once again, young people and adults from the Gold Hill family will be part of the team.
SU Minnis Bay is a two-week holiday club that seeks to share the gospel, transform lives for the kingdom and grow disciples. The mission is dynamic, fast moving, well established and family-friendly. It aims to show the marvellous love Jesus has for each of us through activities and events which are fun, lively, relevant, challenging and life changing!
An average day will involve the team gathering at two points in the day. For our breakfast devotional or evening epilogue, morning and evening age group sessions (there is something available for ALL ages!) and afternoon community activities. Testimonies over the last few years have included salvations, healings, encounters with the Holy Spirit, baptisms in the sea and a deeper love for God’s word. Not only have we seen God transform the lives of people who live in Thanet, but seen God transform the lives of people who have served on the team. There is a real sense of community and oneness amongst the leaders that carries on beyond the two weeks.
How can I support Minnis Bay?
The holiday club runs from 25 July to 5 August. You can follow news from the mission on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/suminnisbay
The most valuable support you can offer is to pray for the mission. Here are some prayer points:
- Kingdom come! – that people are transformed by the gospel as they come to understand the mission theme: “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!” (1 John 3:1)
- Rest – it can be quite an intense two weeks but please be praying that the times of rest would be used well.
- Team – the team is made up of people from all over the world. Pray that they build strong relationships, grow as disciples and for protection as they serve.
- Leadership – including the overall mission leaders as well as age group leaders
- Safety – not just during the events but as excited people travel to Minnis on 22/23 July and very tired people travel back on 6 August
- Hosts – the team stay with local families in the area. Pray that we will be a blessing to them as much as they are to us!
- Expectancy – as a team we want to arrive expectant, as we prepare to head off we want to be expectant. Pray that God makes our ears attentive to His voice.
- Follow up – pray that seeds sown during the mission would produce a long-term harvest
We are really looking forward to the two weeks and feel very blessed to have a Church family that commissions us each year to do this. Thank you for standing with us in prayer.