A young girl and 5 Muslim leaders
Praying for the Fula Jalon people – Feb 2020
During 2020, we have adopted the Fula Jalon people as a prayer focus. This group is classed as ‘unreached’ and we stand in prayer that Jesus would become known in their lives. This month there are two very specific things we going to be praying for.
1. A young girl, ‘Honour’
We have had news from friends who work with the Fula people. They have shared of a young girl, Honour (this is not her real name, but what they call her).
She is an 18 year old girl who was divorced by her husband. She has tried to commit suicide several times. She is living with some young single believers, and we want to get behind her in prayer.
- For breakthrough in her life! There is a spiritual battle in her life that is desperate, so pray God’s victory into her life.
- To pronounce freedom in Jesus over her, that she would experience His love and know healing in her heart and mind.
- For the young believers she now lives with, that they would be vessels of healing, truth and love into her life.
2. A group of 5 Imams
We have also been told about a group of five Imams who have begun to study Christian Scripture together. These are gatekeepers within the communities they are part of and, should they have their eyes opened to Jesus, the impact would be huge. Let’s pray that God would use this time and their openness to minister to them, and then through them to others.
- For them to have understanding of what they read through the Holy Spirit’s working in them.
- For their hunger for God’s word to continue and to grow as God reveals Himself through it.
- For courage to follow God’s revelation & protection for them, their families and their (physical and spiritual) communities.